What interests you about this project?
The usage of natural resources in this case rain water, to be converted to renewable sources of energy.
What do you want to learn by doing this project?
I want to learn about this technique of creating this renewable source of energy.
What questions do you have about this project?
Is this method of a renewable source of energy used in society now.
What do you personally want to have achieved by the end of this project?
To be able widen my knowledge on methods of extracting energy from renewable sources.
Day One Reflections
- My key learning points from each session
- When a mega thrust earthquake happens the land is actually being pushed upwards
- We can use objects that react to the environment to find out what happen in the past e.g. Corals
- The use of radiometric dating help show how old or new corals are
- The use of Xrays to see the lines that are formed from the coral
- Using data collected we can examine patterns and this can help scientist to predict when to evacuate and which areas.
- There are two main types of animation 2D and 3D
- Algebra, Calculous and the Laws Of Physics are all being incorporated when there are making 3D animations.
- There are many complicated techniques that are being used to make the animation.
- There was a software developed in NTU it is called CACANi which helps to make animations less tedious.
- Nano Technology can help to make items more portable and space efficient.
- With Nano-Tec they were able to store alot of information into a quantum cell
- They can also change tints of the jewels making it able not only for it to change colours but also make a artificial one.
- Able to manufacture a material stronger than steel
- and many other problems such as healthcare to aid things such as bone replacements and aid blood vessels
- New Questions
Is Nano-Tec durable as the cells are small and may break down?
Day Three Reflection
1. Discuss how the project has deepened your understanding and broadened your awareness of selected discipline.
We must be socially aware and adapt to our situations. In NTU we must remember that we are carrying the name of the school as we are wearing our uniform and the people at NTU are forming first impressions of us. We must strike a first good impression so as to further increase our schools good name.
2. Discuss what you understand now about this discipline that you were unaware of at the beginning.
Doing a negative thing will go a long way, as people will pass the message on about our school and this will bring down our schools reputation.
3. Describe how you can connect what you have learned from doing this project to what you are learning at school.
I can use the physics I have learnt from this project and will make me more creative which will help me visualize science questions
4. Describe how you can apply what you have learned from doing this project.
With the creativity I have grown during the project will help me solve problems more easily
5.At the end of the project, some new question I have include.
I wonder what further projects that I can do with the materials that i can easily access to.
6. My Aspirations
I want to try out further projects that materials are within my means, So that I not only can challenge myself but to increase my creativity.